Leisure & Surroundings
Ettlingen in the northern Black Forest offers the best recreational opportunities in every season.
- The Castle Festival in the baroque castle Ettlingen
Every summer from June to August there are musicals and theater shown for adults and children.
- Walking / cycling / mountain biking
The most beautiful valley of the northern Black Forest - the Albtal - you can discover by using 25 walking tours. Also for cycling and mountain bikers there are great deals. (New downhill track since 24. April 2016).
- Wellness experiences
Albtherme in Waldbronn or Siebentäler Therme in Bad Herrenalb.
- Golf course
Hofgut Scheibenhardt: The water-rich 18-hole golf course surrounded by nature, near Karlsruhe, is one of the top addresses. Other golf courses are located in Rastatt, Bad Herrenalb and Baden-Baden.
Attractions near and far away
Castles and towns
- Baroque castle Karlsruhe
- Castle Favourite Rastatt - A well-preserved summer palace
- Baden-Baden - Spa town with beautiful gardens and parks, famous casino
- Baroque castle Bruchsal - Biggest asparagus market in Europe
- Castle Schwetzingen - Famous for the beauty and harmony of the palace gardens
- Castle Heidelberg - Most famous ruins in the world
- Gernsbach - Timbered houses and stone buildings
- Gengenbach - A highlight of the romantic half-timbered towns
- Heidelberg - One of the most beautiful cities in Germany
- Strasbourg - One of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Freiburg - Featured Old Town with the cathedral and the small streams
- Colmar - Capital of Alsace wines
This and that
- Funicular railway in Bad Wildbad – Highest funicular in Baden-Württemberg
- Treetop walk in Bad Wildbad – Unique views over the Black Forest
- Hornisgrinde – The highest mountain of the northern Black Forest in 1164 meters height
- Mummelsee – Glacial lake in 1036 meters height
- Triberg Waterfalls – Germanys highest waterfall
- The Titisee – well -known and popular destination with boulevard
- The Feldberg peak – the highest mountain of the Black Forest with 1493 meters height
- The Schluchsee – Largest lake of Black Forest